If you're moving house, or parking your car in a different part of town for at least a month, you'll need to update your car's home address so borrowers get the right information to pick up and return your car. You can do this through the website or app.
Set your parking location at the place you keep your car most often and remember to block it out when you need to drive it somewhere else.
Changing your car's ideal parking address
- Log in to the website and go to Cars > Manage car > Listing > Instructions, or log in to the app and go to Cars > Parking
- Click Schedule a location change
- Choose the parking type from the drop-down list
- If you choose Parked on Street, make sure the address you enter has no parking restrictions (so the car won't be fined for being parked there). You'll also be able to enter any details of a parking permit later on.
- If you choose Parked in Driveway/Dedicated Park, you'll be able to enter any garage or gate access instructions later on
- Enter the address of the ideal park for your car
- Each car can only have one ideal parking location. This means you can't list your car both at home and at work.
- Update the Parking rules and tips, including any parking permit/access details, best places to park, and Where not to park. You can include photos and link to a video in each section so borrowers can be certain what you're referring to.
- Enter the date and time when your car will be at the new location
- Click Schedule change
Things you should know
If you have a lockbox that's attached to your property, you'll need to generate a shackle code to move it and install it at your new house.
If your ideal parking address has moved more than 500m from your previous address, we will need to cancel any bookings that are affected by the move, and you won't receive cancellation income.
If possible, please schedule this location change at least five days before your car will be moving. This gives us time to cancel any upcoming bookings and help the borrowers find new cars if necessary.
Your car will need to be at its new parking location for at least a month. Otherwise, just block out your car for the time it will be away from home.