You can earn positive reviews (and reduce your chances of being blocked from borrowing cars) by:
- leaving the car clean and tidy
- leaving the fuel tank at least 1/4 full
- ensuring that the car and lockbox are properly and securely locked at the end of the trip
- leaving the car in a legal, untimed parking space within its homezone
- following the 7 simple car-sharing rules
The most common reason borrowers give for leaving a bad review is for finding the car dirty.
Keeping your car clean can be tricky if you can't check on it after each booking, but there are some simple things you can do to help keep it clean and smelling good, and keep your borrowers happy.
If you haven't had a chance to check the car between trips, send a text message to the next borrower to let them know and prompt them to get back to you if they find any issues. They're more likely to give a thumbs up when there's been good communication and if they understand you weren't at fault for an issue.
Other ways you can earn good reviews are:
- Checking the car frequently and reporting or fixing any issues promptly
- Leaving the fuel tank at least 1/4 full
- Keeping up with regular servicing and dealing with any mechanical issues promptly
- Making sure that the car's description is accurate so that there are no surprises for borrowers
- Ensuring that the key is always available for borrowers
If you find that your car is getting multiple bad reviews for the same reason, it's worth taking some time to check what's causing the issue and what you can do to fix it.
Here's what you can do to resolve common things that borrowers report:
Vehicle smelled bad/not clean
Follow these simple tips to clean your vehicle or put a regular and responsive mobile cleaning service in place.
Difficult to find parking
Lockbox hard to find
Put your lockbox somewhere obvious with 24-hour access, with clear instructions on how to find it on your profile.
Vehicle had mechanical issues
Take your car offline and get your mechanic to diagnose and fix any issues as soon as possible.
Vehicle description was not accurate
Work with the borrower to find out what was not accurate and change it immediately.
Vehicle had less than ¼ tank of fuel
Communicate to the previous borrower that they need to fill the tank during their trip – remind them that we'll reimburse them.
Establish helpful expectations by leaving a message in your car or sending a message before the trip that you’d appreciate borrowers leaving the tank half full as a minimum.
If you need further help or advice, get in touch. We can take a look at your car's situation and suggest some ways you can improve your reviews.