On the rare occasion that your car is stolen whilst listed on Uber Carshare, we’ll be there to help you report the theft and recover your car, working closely with police.
Report a car theft
- Report it to the police - go to your local station or call 131 444
- Get in contact with us by phone, live chat or email to report it to us
- Tell us that you need to report a car theft
Provide us with some details about the theft:
- If you’ve reported it to police, tell us the incident number, the station you went to and the officer handling the case
- Tell us about how the car was stolen, or how you think it was stolen
What we do to help
When you get in touch to report a theft, we’ll be with you step by step.
We have a dedicated security team who work closely with police to investigate and recover stolen vehicles. Our security team will manage claims if your vehicle was stolen during a booking or directly as a result of being on Uber Carshare. If there is any damage when it’s recovered, then we’ll pay the costs to repair and clean your vehicle. In the unlikely event that we can’t recover it, we’ll pay you the current market value of your vehicle. So we’ve got your back.