Terms and conditions
T&Cs in the email communications sent to participants on how to participate in this promotion, and the reward(s) themselves, form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Offer will be promoted to eligible users via email communications and/or phone calls from Uber Carshare and is limited to individuals who receive a promotional campaign, via email and/or phone call, directly to them specifying this offer. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
Promotion opens at 12.01am AEST on 27 March 2023 and closes at 11.59pm AEST on 30 April 2023.
To be eligible for the Easter Earnings Guarantee, car owners must ensure that their car meets certain criteria during the calendar month of April 2023. If your car meets the eligibility criteria for the full Guarantee Period (defined as April 2023) but earns less than $1,500 Gross Income, we'll pay you the difference. The $1,500 Gross Income is your income after we take our commission. You'll still have costs for running your car, but many of these may be tax deductible.
To be eligible for the guarantee, your car must:
- Be new to the Uber Carshare (formerly Car Next Door) platform
- Be registered, roadworthy and well maintained, and meet Uber Carshare’s car eligibility criteria
- Be listed in an eligible postcode (defined below)
- Be automatic and manufactured no earlier than 2007
- Have the minimum driver age set to 21
- Maintain at least 85% availability each month. This means it must be available for borrowers to book for at least 85% of the total hours in the calendar month
- Be on an Instant Keys or Full-time Fleet sharing plan
- Be priced no higher than 20% above recommended hourly, daily and peak time rates, and have the distance rate set to 31c/km or lower
- Maintain an owner cancellation rate below 10%. This includes asking borrowers to cancel bookings
- Be made available (in the homezone, with the lockbox and key accessible) for every booking
Car owners must also comply with their obligations under the Owner Agreement of the Member Agreement, act in good faith and not do anything that is intended to, or likely to have the effect of, reducing their vehicle’s bookings (for example, but not limited to, asking borrowers to cancel a booking or intentionally making it difficult for borrowers to access or enjoy the use of the car).
If your car is made unavailable due to damage caused by a borrower, Uber Carshare may, in its reasonable discretion, honour the incentive. You may also be entitled to compensation of $25 for each day your car is unavailable to you, to a maximum of 28 days (see here for more information).
“Eligible postcode” means one of the postcodes designated by Uber Carshare for the Easter Earnings Guarantee promotion. Car owners must list their car within an eligible postcode and ensure the car remains parked within the eligible postcode whenever available for reservation on Uber Carshare.
Promotion entry and qualification
To submit a claim, individuals must:
- register for the promotion by clicking the sign-up link included in the email, push message or SMS communication from Uber Carshare and submitting the registration form by 1 April 2023
- visit the Uber Carshare website (“the Website”) or the Uber Carshare (formerly Car Next Door) app;
- follow the prompts to list a car before the expiry of the Promotional Period.
To be eligible to receive the guarantee, individuals must:
- complete their application to share their car in accordance with clause 2 of the Member Agreement before the expiry of the Promotional Period;
- have their application accepted by the Promoter;
- ensure their car meets the all of the eligibility criteria outlined above;
- meet the Promoter’s car and member eligibility criteria;
- not receive actual Gross Income during a given calendar month of Guarantee Period, with respect to an eligible car, that equals or exceeds the guarantee amount.
All successful claimants will receive applicable credit on their Uber Carshare member account. The credit will be applied during the first full working week of the calendar month immediately following the month of the Guarantee Period in which the vehicle has qualified for the guarantee. The credit will be set off against any sharing plan fees and any other amounts owing for that invoice period.
Individuals acknowledge and agree that when signing up, they may be offered a sharing plan that incurs a monthly membership fee. To be eligible for the guarantee, car owners must list their car with an Instant Keys sharing plan.
The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the claim process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
Maximum of five claims permitted per owner.
The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Rewards, or any unused portion of a reward, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any claimant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows a claimant to automatically claim repeatedly is prohibited and will render all claims submitted by that claimant invalid.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a claimant; or (e) use of a reward.
The Promoter is Carshare Support Pty Ltd of Level 30, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW 2000 ABN 11 609 590 463. Contact us.
Article is closed for comments.