Short answer:

24/7 roadside assistance is available to all borrowers during a trip and owners on the Full-Time Fleet sharing plan. 

If you need roadside assistance

  1. Log in to the website and visit our RACV roadside assistance page
  2. Tell RACV the car's details, your location and the account name and number (in the link above) 
  3. If you're outside of Victoria, RACV will transfer your call to one of their roadside assistance partners. For a smooth transfer, ask RACV to tell the partner that the car is covered under our RACV membership.
  4. Wait with the car until help arrives. This can usually take an hour, depending on your location and the issue.
  5. While you wait for help, call us and let us know what's happened so we can follow up as needed

If roadside assistance tells you that something needs replacing (like a tyre, battery or another part) or that the car needs to be towed, call us before this is done so we can let the car's owner know. 

Having issues getting help from RACV roadside assistance? Call us and we can try to sort it out. 

What's included in roadside assistance

  • 24/7 mechanical assessment nationwide
  • Flat battery and battery replacement – you don't have to pay for batteries on the spot, they can be provided on our account (owners need to pay for the cost of a new battery if one is required)
  • Lost, locked-in, or damaged key assistance
  • Tyre-changing help (however, you'll need to fix or replace the flat tyre before returning the car to the owner - see these instructions)
  • Towing - please call us if the car needs to be towed so we can advise where it should be towed to
    • NSW/ACT - metro up to 20km, regional to nearest service centre
    • VIC - metro up to 30km, regional to nearest service centre
    • QLD - metro up to 10km, regional up to 40km round trip
    • WA - metro up to 10km, regional up to 80km round trip
    • TAS - metro up to 15km, regional up to 32km
  • If the car needs to be towed further than the included distance, the member liable for the breakdown will need to pay the extra cost
  • If the car is not on the system for any reason, we have an agreement that it will be covered

Out-of-town coverage

Out-of-town breakdowns are rare. We'll do all we can to help you get back on the road in these circumstances, but to protect yourself against any loss or cost in the event that a car you've booked breaks down while you’re a long way from home, we strongly suggest that you purchase travel insurance.

Was this article helpful?
288 out of 353 found this helpful


1 comment
  • Hi CND, can you specify how many KMs are included in the towing agreement for Owners reference please, and charges applicable.

    Comment actions Permalink

Article is closed for comments.