You pay for all the fuel that goes into your car and you're then reimbursed for any fuel borrowers use through your distance income.
You pay for all the fuel that goes into your car
If a borrower needs to fill up during their trip they can pay for themselves and send us a photo of the receipt. We'll reimburse them, and pass the fuel charge on to you on your monthly invoice. Of course, you can also buy fuel yourself as you usually would.
You're reimbursed for the fuel borrowers use
You're reimbursed for all the fuel Borrowers use through your distance income. You're paid 13c, 25c, 31c, 37c or 45c for each kilometre driven by borrowers, depending on the distance income you choose. The RACQ estimates the running costs of a small or medium car to be between 11c and 18c per kilometre. If your car is more expensive to run, you can put your distance rate up to make sure your costs are being properly covered.
Viewing fuel receipts uploaded by borrowers
You can see all fuel receipts your borrowers upload through the website or app.
- Log in to the website and go to Cars > Manage car > Bookings
- Click on the booking you'd like to check and scroll down to the Booking history section
- You'll see dates and times any fuel receipts were uploaded
- Click on one of the dates to view the photos uploaded
- Log in and go to Cars > Bookings
- Tap on the booking you'd like to check
- Tap Booking photos
Try our interactive fuel tutorial
To help you calculate your car's running costs, and understand how the distance income compensates you, take our interactive tutorial.