Your car needs to be manufactured no earlier than 2001 and be in reasonable condition. A few scratches and marks are totally fine, but it has to be running well. If you're thinking of buying a car to rent out, make sure to get in touch with us first to confirm its eligibility.
To list a car, you'll need to meet the eligibility criteria for members.
Your car must:
- be well maintained
- be manufactured no earlier than 2001
- have a value of $50,000 or less if listed in Victoria, or $60,000 or less in other states. And, if the car's value is over $30,000 in Victoria, or $40,000 in other states, you will need to have a secure location away from the car where the Lockbox can be attached.
- not have been altered in a way that materially changes the performance, appearance or purpose of the vehicle (although we may accept modified cars on a case-by-case basis)
- have a power rating of less than 200 kilowatts (250 kilowatts for 4WDs)
- have seating for no more than 12 passengers
- be a private passenger vehicle with four wheels
Vehicles which are ineligible for sharing
The following vehicle types are not eligible for sharing:
- Box trucks
- Construction equipment
- Farm equipment
- GEM or similar vehicles not designed for highway use
- Passenger vans that seat more than twelve people
- Recreational vehicles (RVs) or camper vans
- Vehicles designed primarily for off-road use
The following makes and models are not eligible for sharing:
- Toyota GT86
- Subaru WRX, BRZ
- Ford Mustang
- Audi - any RS model, S3, S4, S6
- BMW 335i-M,140i-M, M3, M4, M5
- Chrysler 300c V8
- Ford Falcon XR6 Sprint and XR8
- Holden with HSV or SS badge, Clubsport
- Kia Stinger
- Hyundai I30N
The following vehicles may be accepted on a case-by-case basis, but special security requirements will apply:
- Porsche Boxster or Cayman
- Mercedes with AMG badge
- Jeep with SRT badge
To make renting your car out as easy as possible, we recommend:
- you are not actively selling your vehicle at the time of listing
- you have a spare key for your car
If your car doesn't meet these recommendations, please let us know when we call to discuss your application.
Does your car tick all the boxes?
Rent out your car
What are the asterisks for, next to the manufacture date and odometer reading?
I'm surprised your requirements do not mention that the car must be in road worthy condition including the tyres!
Wondering if manual or auto transmission impacts rentability? Any statistics.
Unfortunately I need to buy a car for work reasons but more the half of the time I will not need it
I have a 1998 Hiace campervan, would it be eligible ?
Article is closed for comments.