Terms and conditions
T&Cs in the email communications sent to participants on how to claim and the reward(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Offer will be promoted to eligible users via email communications and/or phone calls from Uber Carshare and is limited to individuals who receive a promotional campaign, via email and/or phone call, directly to them specifying this offer. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
Promotion start date included in the email communications from Uber Carshare. Vehicles must be listed and available for borrowers to book between the promotion start date and 10 Sep 2023 to be considered eligible for this promotion.
Assessment Period opens at 12.01am AEST on 11 September 2023 and closes at 11.59pm AEST on 10 October 2023.
“Eligible postcode” means one of the postcodes designated by Uber Carshare for the $750 bonus promotion. Car owners must list their car within an eligible postcode and ensure the car remains parked within the eligible postcode whenever available for reservation on Uber Carshare.
Eligible postcodes are:
6006, 6007, 6019, 6050, 6054, 6058, 6059, 6062, 6100, 6105, 6151, 6154, 6160,
6162, 6163, 6164
4005, 4011, 4031, 4035, 4102, 4113, 4127, 4214, 4225, 4558, 4073, 4802, 4810
To be eligible for the bonus, car owners must list and make their car available for bookings before the expiry of the Promotion Period and ensure that the vehicle meets the Eligibility Criteria set out below. If your vehicle meets all of the following requirements for the Assessment Period, you’ll get a $750 bonus.
To be eligible for the bonus, your car must:
- Be an automatic manufactured no earlier than 2010
- Be new to the Uber Carshare (formerly Car Next Door) platform
- Be registered, roadworthy and well-maintained, and meet Uber Carshare’s car eligibility criteria
- Be listed in an eligible postcode (defined above)
- Have the minimum driver age set to 21
- Maintain at least 80% availability for the Assessment Period. This means it must be available for borrowers to book for at least 80% of the total hours in the Assessment Period 11 September 2023 - 10 October 2023 inclusive
- Be on an Instant Keys or Full-Time Fleet sharing plan
- Be priced no higher than 50% above recommended hourly, daily and peak time rates, and have the distance rate set to:
- 31c/km or lower for regular cars
- 37c/km or lower for 4WD/SUV, Van/Ute
- Maintain an owner cancellation rate below 10% for the Assessment Period. This includes asking borrowers to cancel bookings
- Be made available (in the homezone, with the lockbox and key accessible) for every booking
- Any vehicles added must increase your overall fleet size from the size it is on the date of receiving this email. For example, if on the date of receiving this email you have 5 vehicles in your fleet and delist 1 vehicle, you will not be eligible if you only add 1 vehicle as your fleet size will remain at 5. If you delist 1 vehicle and add 2 vehicles you will be eligible as your fleet size will increase to 6 vehicles.
Car owners must also comply with their obligations under the Owner Agreement of the Member Agreement, act in good faith and not do anything that is intended to, or likely to have the effect of, reducing their vehicle’s bookings (for example, but not limited to, asking borrowers to cancel a booking or intentionally making it difficult for borrowers to access or enjoy the use of the car).
If your car is made unavailable due to damage caused by a borrower, Uber Carshare may, at its reasonable discretion, honour the incentive. You may also be entitled to compensation of $25 for each day your car is unavailable to you, to a maximum of 28 days (see here for more information).
Promotion entry and qualification
To submit a claim, individuals must:
- register for the promotion by clicking the sign-up link included in the email, push message or SMS communication from Uber Carshare and use the promo code provided on the email by the end of the Promotion Period, 10 September 2023.
- visit the Uber Carshare website (“the Website”) or the Uber Carshare (formerly Car Next Door) app;
- follow the prompts to list a car before the expiry of the Promotion Period.
To be eligible to receive the $750 bonus, individuals must:
- complete their application to share their car in accordance with clause 2 of the Member Agreement before the expiry of the Promotion Period;
- have their application accepted by the Promoter;
- ensure their car meets all of the eligibility criteria outlined above for the Assessment Period;
- meet the Promoter’s car and member eligibility criteria;
All successful claimants will receive applicable credit on their Uber Carshare member account.
The credit will be applied on 16 October 2023 after your car has been available on the Uber Carshare platform for the Assessment Period.
The credit will be set off against any sharing plan fee and any other amounts owing for that invoice period.
Individuals acknowledge and agree that when listing a car, they may be offered a sharing plan that incurs a monthly membership fee. To be eligible for the bonus, members must list their car with an Instant Keys or Full-Time Fleet sharing plan.
The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the claim process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
Maximum of 1 claim permitted per person, per eligible car.
The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Rewards, or any unused portion of a reward, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any claimant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows a claimant to automatically claim repeatedly is prohibited and will render all claims submitted by that claimant invalid.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a claimant; or (e) use of a reward.
The Promoter is Uber Carshare Pty Ltd of Level 30, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW 2000 ABN 531 6359 6530. Contact Uber Carshare.