To make sure we pay you for the correct time and distance for each booking, log in to the website to confirm that the borrower entered the correct details. You'll need to do this within 24 hours of the booking ending.
You can only do this in the website (not app)
- Log in and go to Cars > Manage > Bookings
- Select the booking you’d like to review and select Review time and distance
- Let us know if the borrower returned your car on time. If not, enter the time they did return your car.
- Check the final odometer reading the borrower entered, and review the photo they uploaded of your car’s dashboard
- Let us know if the borrower reported the odometer reading correctly. If not, enter your car’s actual current odometer reading, and if possible, upload a photo of your car’s odometer. If the borrower didn't enter an odometer reading, you can enter your car's current odometer reading here.
- Click Submit
If the borrower didn't submit odometer readings
If the borrower didn't enter an odometer reading, you can enter your car's odometer reading when you review the time and distance after the booking (following the steps above).
If you didn't record the odometer before and after the booking, we'll follow up with the borrower as they may have recorded the odometer but forgot to enter it in the app. If not, we'll work with you and the borrower to estimate how far they drove.
To make this process quicker and more accurate, it's important that odometer readings are recorded before and after each booking. We remind Borrowers to use the app to submit the odometer, and we are always working to improve our communications and app. There are also some things you can do to help make this process as smooth as possible:
- Take your own record and photos of the odometer before and after each booking. If the borrower forgets to enter the odometer reading, you can enter your records and upload your photos when you review the time distance after the booking.
- When you contact the borrower, remind them that they'll need the app and that they should use the app to start their trip
- When you meet the borrower to give them the keys, check that they have the app and remind them to upload photos of the car and the odometer before they drive
- If you find that Borrowers are regularly forgetting to enter odometer readings, you could try putting physical reminders in your car - like a sign that you stick to the dash or steering wheel reminding Borrowers to use the app before they drive