When damage is reported, we check the photos uploaded by recent borrowers. If your photos are present and complete, we can easily see that the damage was not caused during your trip. If your photos are missing or incomplete, you may be held responsible for the damage.
When you borrow someone’s car, you need to:
- photograph all surfaces and the interior of the car at the start and end of your trip; and
- upload those photos through the app or website, or email them to us, within 48 hours of the trip ending.
The requirement to take and upload photos is set out in the Member Agreement and Damage Policy, which you agreed to when joining.
We remind borrowers of their obligation in:
- Emails we send when you book a trip, and after your trip if you have not uploaded photos;
- The trip flow instructions; and
- The SMS texts or push notifications we send you at the start and end of your trip, and after your trip if you have not uploaded photos.
If you didn’t receive, read or notice these reminders, this does not affect your responsibility.
Damage and loss protection information
When will I be responsible for damage
Checking for damage and taking photos
Article is closed for comments.