This info is for owners reporting damage to their cars. If you're a borrower and need to report damage that happened during a trip, read this article.

If you find new damage after checking your car:

  1. Take clear photos of the damage
  2. Log in to the help centre
  3. Select your car and Get help with this car
  4. Select the responsible booking (there's an option if you're not sure)
  5. Select Damage to the car
  6. Report the damage, along with photos of the damage 
  7. We'll investigate and arrange to get your car repaired if necessary

Please report each incident of damage as a separate report.

Report new damage

If the damage means the car isn't roadworthy or can't be driven

  1. Block out your car indefinitely so a borrower can't book it. You can remove or edit the blockout later.
  2. Contact any upcoming borrowers to let them know the car isn't available. Let them know that they can book another car and that they won't need to pay a cancellation fee. We'll sort out the billing so they aren't charged and they can contact us if they have any questions.
  3. When you report the damage to us, let us know you have upcoming bookings so that we can cancel them and make sure the borrowers aren't charged

Damage must be reported within 42 days

It's important to check your car regularly and report any new damage to us as soon as you can. If the damage occurred more than 42 days ago, we won't assist with investigating who's responsible or recovering repair costs.

If your car is on our Full-Time Fleet sharing plan and you'd like to have the damage repaired, you'll need to pay your excess amount of $500. If you'd like to recover that cost from the responsible borrower, you can check the photos Borrowers upload before and after each trip to determine when the damage occurred and contact the responsible borrower yourself.

If your car is on our Instant Keys or Key Handover plan, your car doesn't have cover between bookings, so damage reported more than 42 days after it occurred won't be covered. You'll need to speak to your insurer (if you have your own comprehensive policy) and manage the claim directly with them.

Was this article helpful?
16 out of 36 found this helpful



Article is closed for comments.