What income you need to declare in your tax return

Short answer:

When you rent out your car on the platform, you need to declare all income you receive in your income tax return and are entitled to claim certain expenses as income tax deductions.

Should you declare gross or net income?

When declaring your income, you should declare your gross income (before our commission and any other costs are deducted). Your gross income for the financial year is listed in your financial year summary on the 'Trip Income' line.

Damage payouts

If you received a damage or loss payment for your car, you also need to declare a portion of it as income from sharing your car. The portion is worked out as the portion of your car's personal use vs income-producing use, over the time you have owned it.

Was this article helpful?
7 out of 15 found this helpful


1 comment

Article is closed for comments.