Choose a strong password
- Use a password that's unique to your account – don't use a password you already use for other sites or apps
- Avoid using simple or common passwords like 'password', 'password1' or '12345678'
- Use a mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols
- Make it hard to guess and avoid general things like your date of birth or partner's name
- Make sure to change your password every few months
Do not share your password or account with anyone. If you want to share the driving with someone, that person will need to sign up to Uber Carshare.
Watch out for phishing scams
Beware of unknown email senders and check URLs before you click hyperlinks. Never reply to emails or texts asking for your password or asking you to make a payment outside the website or app (like through PayPal or PayID).
To report a phishing scam or suspicious behaviour, please email us.
Don’t save your password on shared or public devices
Log out of your account if you're using a shared or public computer or device – you don't want the next person who comes along to be able to access your account, so always log out.
Keep your operating systems up to date
It's important to keep your phone and computer systems up to date so you aren't vulnerable to attacks. We recommend updating your software when you're prompted.