You can reduce your excess to $500 by paying an extra fee to upgrade to Premium Cover for each trip. You can add Premium Cover when you book or any time before your trip starts. To add Premium Cover after you've booked your trip, select the relevant trip from the Trips page on the website (not the app).
Adding Premium Cover when you book
When booking a trip, you'll be given the option to add Premium Cover for an extra $1.50 an hour or $18 a day before you pay.
Adding Premium Cover after you book
You can add Premium Cover any time before your trip starts through the website or app. You can't add Premium Cover after you start the steps to pick up the car.
- Log in to the website and go to the Trips page
- Click Trip details on the relevant upcoming trip
- Select to add Premium Cover and click Upgrade
- Your card will be charged and the Premium Cover added to your trip
- Go to Trips and select the relevant trip
- Tap Upgrade your Protection
- Select Premium Cover and tap Upgrade