Heading on a trip or hitting the road in your Uber Carshare booking? Snap your trip and tag us for a chance to win 1 of 3 monthly driving credit prizes! Full details can be found below.
How to enter
There are two ways to enter the competition:
Posting and tagging (Story posts excluded)Photos or videos can be posted to Instagram, Facebook or TikTok and must tag Uber Carshare on their official channels. These are:Instagram: @ubercarshare_ausTikTok: uber_carshare
Via email or direct messageYou can send your photos or videos via direct message or email to email@example.com
- You may enter the competition as many times as you like
- Entrants must be verified Uber Carshare members
- As story tags are only visible for 24 hours, they're excluded from this competition.
- Eligible posts must be feed/video/reels posts publicly available to view (no private accounts)
- Photos must not depict illegal activity or activities in breach of the Uber Carshare Membership Agreement
- Instagram story tag entries will not be valid
- You must not capture content while operating a vehicle (i.e. don’t film and drive)
- The car depicted must be a Uber Carshare vehicle
- Please respect the Car when sharing your trip photos. When possible, please refrain from sitting or standing on cars as this can cause damage.
- The total prize pool each month is $300AUD of driving credit (if the winner is a borrower), or bonus income (if the winner is an owner). The monthly prize pool is split into 3 individual $100 driving credit prizes.
- You must be a current member to win and use the driving credit or receive the bonus income. Prizes can not be exchanged for cash or transferred.
The winners for the previous month will be selected on the 2nd of each month by the Social & Content Marketing Specialist and Head of Marketing, based on the below selection criteria.
The winner/s will be notified by the 10th of each month via their entry method. Email, Instagram message, Facebook message, or TikTok message.
In order to evaluate entries, we will consider the level of creativity and originality demonstrated in the piece. To assist you in creating a standout submission, here are some examples of the types of photos and videos we find particularly appealing:
- Video or photo content that shows off some of the most scenic spots in Australia
- Video or photos that feature family and friends
- Photos that feature Uber Carshare vehicles in cool locations
- Unique, insightful and eye-catching photos
- Road trip videos - We want to see your adventures!
- Blog-style videos that review your Uber Carshare experience
- Any videos with a funny or humorous twist
- Any photo or video content that promotes safe driving
The winning pieces don’t have to feature all of the above, but we’ll give you some extra brownie points if you tick all the boxes!
Additional terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is Uber Carshare Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 11 609 590 463) of 1 O'Connell St, Sydney NSW 2000 (“Promoter”).
3. Entry is only open to individuals aged 18 years or over who must be signed up and verified Uber Carshare members to claim the $100 driving credit prize (if the winner is a borrower), or bonus income (if the winner is an owner).
4. The promotion commences at 10 AM on June 1 2023, and ends at 10 AM on June 1 2025. All times indicated are in AEST time. The total prize pool for this period is $7200 AUD.
Post your Uber Carshare experience and tag Uber CarsharePhotos or videos can be posted to Instagram, Facebook or TikTok and must tag Uber Carshare on one of the following channels. These are:Instagram: @ubercarshare_aus.TikTok: @uber_carshare
Share via email or direct messageYou can send your photos or videos via social media direct message or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The selected Winners grant Uber Carshare, a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free licence to use the content across Uber Carshare’s social channels, as well as online (on www.ubercarshare.com and blog.ubercarshare.com.au), in email marketing and in other online marketing channels as Uber Carshare sees fit. Uber Carshare has the right to offer incentives and alternative sharing agreements to any non-winning entries.
7. The winner may opt to forgo the prize if they do not wish to agree to these terms.
8. This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in how a winner is determined in this Promotion. All entries will be reviewed and judged by the Promoter (or by an appointed panel of judges) based on the selection criteria specified above.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
11. The judging of the Promotion will take place on the 2nd of each month. The Promoter may judge additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is determined as a winner.
12. The winner will be notified via social media on the day of the judging and will be given the option to accept the driving credit prize and consent to the competition's terms and conditions. If the prize isn’t accepted within 14 days, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the runner-up.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. There will be 3 winners of the competition each month, based on the above selection criteria. The prize(s) for the competition are: 3 x $100 Uber Carshare driving credits, or bonus income (if the winner is an owner). The total prize pool value is $300 each month with a total prize pool of $3600. Prizes will be added to the provided winners' Uber Carshare accounts by the 10th day of each month. An email or social media message confirmation will be provided to the winners.
15. Prize is not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be taken as cash unless specified otherwise.
16. If the prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any directions of any regulatory authority.
17. Entrants consent to the Promoter and its affiliates using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
18. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
19. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes, modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the state the judging is conducted (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
20. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) taking/use of a prize.
22. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.