Terms and conditions
- Instructions on how to claim the Driving Credit are set out in the email or original communications to you about this promotion (“Instructions”) and form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- The start and end date of the Promotion, and the limit of the number of available redemptions, are set out in the Instructions.
- Only one redemption is available per person.
To be eligible, individuals must during the Promotional Period:
(a) visit www.ubercarshare.com (“the Website”) or the Uber Carshare App (formerly Car Next Door);
(b) meet the member eligibility criteria;
(c) follow the prompts to apply for membership;
(d) agree to have their identification verified and credit history checked;
(e) apply the promo code provided when requested;
(f) have their application accepted by the Promoter.
- The Driving Credit can be used to pay for booking fee, Basic Cover fee, Premium Cover fee, time charges and distance charges. The Driving Credit cannot be used for the deposit for your first trip, tolls, membership fees or other trip charges.
- Successful claimants will receive the Driving Credit on their Uber Carshare member account once their account is approved. The credit will be applied in accordance with the member agreement.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and claimant’s details and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the claim process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Rewards, or any unused portion of a reward, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any claimant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows a claimant to automatically claim repeatedly is prohibited and will render all claims submitted by that claimant invalid.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a claimant; or (e) use of a reward.
The Promoter is Uber Carshare Pty Ltd of Level 30, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW 2000 ABN 531 6359 6530. Contact Uber Carshare.