Terms and conditions
- Instructions on how to claim and the reward(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer, except for the $2,000 income guarantee for eligible vehicles.
- The start and end date of the Promotion, and the limit of the number of available redemptions, are set out in the Instructions.
- To submit a claim, individuals must during the Promotional Period:
(a) visit www.ubercarshare.com (“the Website”) or the Uber Carshare App (formerly Car Next Door);
(b) follow the prompts to apply to become a member;
(c) complete a credit check and verification;
(d) if prompted, insert the code provided in the Instructions.
- To be eligible to receive the bonus income individuals must: (a) complete their application to share their car in accordance with clause 2 of the Member Agreement before the expiry of the Promotional Period; (b) have their application accepted by the Promoter; (b) make their car available for bookings; and (d) meet the Promoter’s car and member eligibility criteria.
- Individuals acknowledge and agree that when signing up, they may be offered a sharing plan that incurs a monthly membership fee. Members can choose to list their car with a fee-free sharing plan and may cancel their membership at any time.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the claim process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All successful claimants will receive the credit on their Uber Carshare member account. The credit will be applied on the first invoice that is issued after the claimant lists their car on the platform for one month and their car’s first booking is completed. The bonus income will be set off against any sharing plan fee and any other amounts owing for that invoice period. (Note that on the date that a car is first made available for bookings, the claimant will be charged a pro-rata membership fee covering the remaining days of the month. The promotional credit will not be applied in respect of this payment.)
- Rewards, or any unused portion of a reward, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any claimant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows a claimant to automatically claim repeatedly is prohibited and will render all claims submitted by that claimant invalid.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a claimant; or (e) use of a reward.
- The Promoter is Carshare Support Pty Ltd of Level 30, 580 George St, Sydney, NSW 2000 ABN 11 609 590 463. Contact us.
Article is closed for comments.