You pay for all the gas that goes into your car and you're then reimbursed for any gas borrowers use through your distance rate.
If a borrower needs to buy gas, they'll pay themselves and upload a photo of the itemized receipt. We'll reimburse them, and pass the charge on to you.
Viewing itemized receipts uploaded by borrowers
You can see all itemized receipts your borrowers upload through the website or app.
- Go to Cars > Bookings in the app or Cars > Manage this car > Bookings in the website
- Select the booking you like to check
- Tap Booking photos in the app or scroll down to the Booking history section in the website
Understanding gas charges on your monthly invoice
You may be charged more for gas than the distance earnings you receive, because borrowers may purchase more gas than they use. The extra gas is now in the tank for you to use, or for another borrower to use and pay for.
A borrower picked up Jan's car with a quarter of a tank of gas. They filled up, then used half a tank of gas during their trip. At the end of the trip, Jan is left with half a tank of gas.
- Jan is charged for all the gas purchased by the borrower (three-quarters of a tank)
- She gets paid for the half-tank of gas that the borrower used, through the distance rate
- Jan has paid for three-quarters of a tank, but only been reimbursed for half a tank
- But she also has the other half a tank of gas still in her car - she may use it herself, or the next borrower may use it and pay her for it