If a borrower returns your car messy or dirty, take photos and report it to us. If we can determine who is responsible for the mess using the photos received from both you and the borrower, we'll charge the borrower a fee to help compensate you for the inconvenience in line with our Cleanliness Policy.
You're responsible for keeping your car up to a basic standard of cleanliness so that any borrowers can feel comfortable driving it, and you're entitled to expect that borrowers will return your car in the same clean state.
If a borrower returns your car messy or dirty, please report it to us within 48 hours from the end of the most recent booking. You can either refer to the borrower's uploaded booking photos that show the issue or take and upload your own photos.
It's important to regularly check your car and any booking photos uploaded, so you can identify which borrower is responsible.
If a number of bookings go by without you checking and the booking photos don't show the dirtiness, then we may not be able to charge anyone for the cleaning.
If we determine that a borrower is responsible for violating the Cleanliness Policy, you may be entitled to reimbursement for cleaning fees.
You'll need to make sure the car is clean before the next booking.
If you can’t clean the car before your next booking, let us know when you report the issue. We can:
- organise for the next borrower to have the car cleaned and be reimbursed by the responsible borrower
- move the borrower to another car
If your car requires professional cleaning, keep the invoice for reimbursement.
- You must submit an invoice for cleaning services within 10 days of the booking end time
- The cleaning invoice should detail what was included in the cleaning
- If the cleaning invoice does not detail what was included in the cleaning, you must send a website link, a photo of a brochure or signage at the business describing what’s included in the cleaning and the cost
- The cleaning must be relevant to the type of mess
- If the cleaning covers more than the reported cleanliness issue, we may reimburse only a part of the cost at our discretion. For example, if you paid to clean the exterior and interior but only reported sand inside the car, we would reimburse 50% of the cleaning cost.
To leave feedback on the borrower, or prevent them from booking your car in the future, leave a review.